Today while I was Rhapsodying Santana's Black Magic Woman Peter challenged me to find it performed on harpsichord. Not one to balk at a challenge, I did a quick Google search but only found more Santana and some garbage links.
But I remembered back in the mid 90s that I used to reassign the instruments in midi files - I just didn't remember how I had done it. A little more googling reminded me that I had used the Windows 3 program Midi Mapper. But that program hasn't been available since Windows 95!
MIDI Eddie (Found it at download.com) does the trick, though. Provides a nice studio-style control panel for repurposing the instruments and the mix.
Ahh, the satisfaction of rising to a challenge! Nyaah, Peter!